How does skin darken?
Melanin is the brown pigment that produces the various shades and colors of human skin. Coloration (pigmentation) is determined by the amount and type of melanin produced in response to sun or due to genetics.
What is Hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation occurs when the body produces excess or irregular amounts of melanin in isolated blotches or across large areas. This results in dark spots & patches or exacerbates existing freckles and age spots. Fortunately – we are able to safely brighten skin while maintaining the health.
- Sun damage.
- Genetic/ hereditory influences.
- Post Inflammatory reaction: healing wounds or chemical exposure increases metabolic activity. This produces excess melanin and dark scar tissue.
- Hormone Fluctuations: caused by menapause / pregnancy / contraceptives.
Types of Hyperpigmentation
- Epidermal (superficial) brown in colour with well defined borders. This type reponds well to treatment.
- Dermal (deeper) light brown/grey with poorly defined borders - requires more intense intervention.
- Mixed: Most common Depigmenting ingredients can significantly improve the appearance.
HOW DOES DERMETONE BRIGHTEN SKIN
Obtained from Palmaria Palmata (a red alga), Whitonyl is an oligosaccharide fraction rich in xylosea and galacto - with a a powerful depigmenting effect. This active acts on the different steps involved in the pigmentation process:
- Inhibits the melanogenesis (sythesis of melanin).
- Limits transport of melanosomes to keratinocytes.
- Reduces UV or photo-induced pigmentation.
Clinically tested, Whitonyl® gives the skin a luminous & refined complexion & proposing a complete & innovative bio-logical concept for safe and effective depigmenting and skin brightening.
Expedites exfoliation to eliminate pigment & inhibit maturation of melanin.
Reduces pigmentation by 68% by inhibitIng the transfer of melanosomes to visible layers of the skin.
A powerful antioxidant that wreaks havoc on melanin producing cells