SKIN REJUVENATION TIRED AGEING SKIN
The flawless luminosity of youthful skin is only fully appreciated as age takes its toll and manifests itself in skin that lacks lustre and radiance.From the age of thirty, several changes occur in the skin:
- The outermost layer of the epidermis is composed of plate-like cells that protect the underlying skin from water loss. These cells are continuously sloughed off exposing new cells and giving the appearance of bright fresh skin.
- As you age the epidermis loses its ability to retain water, leading to drier skin.
- In addition, the “sloughing off” process slows down considerably, resulting in a dull layer of dead skin cells making the texture and tone of skin uneven.
- Hormonal changes, mainly due to menopause, cause a reduction in sebum production which leaves skin dehydrated and vulnerable.
- The underlying elastin and collagen proteins (which impart elasticity and strength to the skin) are also adversely affected by ageing, leading to wrinkles and dry sallow skin.
What are the signs of ageing?
- Fine Lines
- Crows Feet/ Eye Wrinkles
- Naso-Labial Folds
- Sagging Skin
- Double Chin
- Down Turned Lips
- Sagging Brows
- Rough Dull Skin
- Age Spots
- Dark Circles/ Puffiness and Fines lines around the Eyes
Clients must be treated with a tyrosinase inhibitor and retinol rich topical product (see Home Care). There are several effective and safe means to minimize and remove pigmentation, dark skin, freckles and blemishes for flawless, even toned skin.
Using a unique combination of treatments and products – Dermetone brightens and clarifies by delivering active ingredients deep into the skin and lifting dark pigment out of the epidermal layer.
- Mechanical Microdermabrasion: removes dry dull cells leaving your skin brighter and even leaving your complexion clearer for longer
- Microneedling: This is a medically accepted clinical procedure that creates fine channels in the scar tissue to trigger the body’s natural repair response. In addition –these tiny pores allow the infusion of serums and actives deep within the dermal layer where they are most effective.
- ElectroTone Therapy infuses actives deep into the skin and enhances penetration of serums after Microneedling. The gentle electrical current rehabilitates the underlying muscles and improves circulation, texture, tone, and fine lines.
Treatments are approximately 90minutes in duration and are done every 2-4 weeks.
Generally clients can expect to come through for 6-8 treatments and the magnificent improvements may be seen from your 2nd/ 3rd session
Home Care Essentials:
Treatment is initiated at the clinic but must be continued at home as prescribed.
Results are accelerated and more predictable when professional treatments are maintained with homecare products.
A customised range of products will be prescribed after a skin assessment has been conducted and a detailed medical history noted.
Amazing results have been achieved with a combination of treatments and the following products: